Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Jillian Michaels: I'm Trying to Adopt a Baby from Africa

Jillian Michaels: I'm Trying to Adopt a Baby from Africa

Jillian Michaels has announced that she's leaving The Biggest Loser and moving on to another big venture.

"I want to start a family," the trainer told Access Hollywood on Saturday. "I'd like to take a year off of television and really focus on – I'm in the middle of the adoption process – and really focus on that and hopefully becoming a mother in the next year and putting all my energy into that for awhile."

Michaels says she plans to return to TV in 2012 but, before that, she's working through the adoption process, which she calls "an incredible undertaking."

"I've completed all of my paperwork; I've had all my physicals; I've been checked by the FBI – you have no idea!," Michaels said. "Now I wait for a referral. That could be anywhere from six months to a year. I’m in a pilot program for the Democratic Republic of Congo so we’ll see. Then you get your referral and then you have to try to bring your kid back home," she continued. "So, it’s a process… but I'm excited for it!"

As for her child's gender, Michaels says she "doesn't matter," and that her mind and body are just ready.

"I'm 36! Do you hear the clock? It doesn’t matter!" she laughed. "As long as there’s a little teeny person with me, I'll be good."

Do you think Jillian Michaels will make a good mother? Chime in below!

Scarlett Chorvat Scarlett Johansson Selita Ebanks

No comments:

Post a Comment