Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Rick Ross' Revamped Ashes To Ashes Adds Drake, Meek Mill, Wale

'It's the beginning of a lot of big things to come,' the Bawse tells Mixtape Daily.
By Jayson Rodriguez


Rick Ross
Photo: MTV News

This Week's Main Pick
Street King: Rick Ross

Holding It Down For: Miami

Mixtape: Ashes to Ashes

Real Spit: We're back! Mixtape Daily returns, and just like the Bawse, we're in a new space and ready for the promise of a new year. Shout-outs to those who set the foundation and climbed to the top.

Ross had a hell of a 2010, dropping the thumping "B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast)" from his excellent album Teflon Don, the fourth near-flawless LP in his discography.

Just before the holidays ended, though, Ross returned once more to drop his mixtape Ashes to Ashes, which he later re-released, revamping the effort with joints from Drake and his MMG acquisitions Meek Mill and Wale.

"I think it's the beginning of a lot of big things to come," Ross told Mixtape Daily about the collection. "So I wanted to give the people something before the year was out ... because I have a new album I'm cooking up. ... I feel like it's a new beginning.

"There's a lot of things that got to go. And this is the beginning of some new things that [will] pop off in music. Some new sounds, some new styles, some new techniques, some new bosses. And that's what it's about."

Joints to Check For
» "RetroSuperFuture" featuring Wiz Khalifa: Ross and Wiz endorse the Green Party on this slow, looping track. "Now, I stay high, while y'all stay low," Wiz sings on the hook. "Trying to tell me about the smell, I know/ My eyes stay red from all that smoke."

» "Made Men" featuring Drake: "Two-door Bugatti coupe, I call it Katy Perry," Ross raps on the boastful number. "Wiz Khalifa papers, my favorite berries/ That '65, I call it Rihanna/ It got a red top but it's white like Madonna."

» "Pandemonium" featuring Meek Mill and Wale: The Miami Don and his off-season pickups put it down over the brassy production. "They say I'm special as Devin Hester on fourth down," Wale spits. "So all that sh-- you n---as kicking, we ain't worried about."

For other artists featured in Mixtape Daily, check out Mixtape Daily Headlines.

Related Videos

Rhona Mitra Rihanna Robin Tunney

No comments:

Post a Comment